9/30/13

My Solo at Mt. Zion


This January will mark the beginning of my 3rd year with the choir at Mt. Zion UMC.  Marcy Middlestadt (Choir Director) paid me back for the work I did with the kids in the musical they performed back in March by giving me a solo during the 8:30 service.  The choir does not sing at the 8:30, so having a solo to sing during the Communion means I'm the only music except the Woody Washam on the organ and/or someone playing a duet with him on the piano.  I sang "Be Thou My Vision" today, and everyone said it was wonderful.  For my part, I was appalled that I never looked up from the music, the technician didn't give me nearly enough microphone to be heard over the piano, and I almost cracked on the high parts.  As I said, though, everyone else either loved it or thought it was wonderful.  You'll have to decide:




No comments:

Post a Comment